Sunday, July 24, 2005

Places to Go

In the past week I have visited three places that have been enlightening.

My first stop was the River Music Experience which is described as a "one-of-a-kind urban entertainment experience that celebrates roots music along the Mississippi." It is located downtown in Davenport, Iowa. There is among other things an 81 foot wall of interactive multimedia fun that allows you to explore the innovators, styles, and movement of American song from New Orleans to St. Paul and outward to Chicago and beyond. It is well worth the $4 admission charge - you can't do it all in one trip.

While there I also took the opportunity to walk across the newly opened River Music Skybridge. This offers some great views of the Mississippi River.

My last trip in the past week was to Springfield, Illinios to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library. Fantastic is the word I would use to describe this newest addition to honoring Lincoln. The "Ghosts in the Library" holographic presentation was wonderful as was the "Lincoln's Eyes" presentation in another theater. The "Blood on the Moon", a temporary exhibit was also very interesting. I spent about 4 hours at the museum and am sure I could go back and see and read more! If you have the opportunity take the time to visit Springfield to see this and other places of interest. One of my other favorite places to visit is the Dana Thomas House, a Frank Lloyd Wright design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home