Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Shadow Life

The full title of this book by Barry Denenberg is Shadow Life: A Portrait of Anne Frank and Her Family.

This book is considered nonfiction and historical fiction. Part I gives the reader a history of the Frank family. I found this part very interesting and did indeed learn some things that I had not realized. Part III is also more nonfiction than fiction. However, Part II is where the author has taken the genre of historical fiction as he creates a diary of Margot Frank, Anne’s older sister.

I think to get the most from this book, it is best to also read the Diary of Anne Framk. In combination, I believe you will get a picture of the Franks and the drama of their life from 1933 to 1945. It will take you from seeing a middle class family in Frankfurt, Germany to the murders of Anne and Margot at Bergen-Belsen, a concentration camp.

Read an excerpt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home